Thursday, October 29, 2009

Civilization 2 & Win 7 !!!

I am officially mad @ Microsoft !!! WTF, I can't even play my dear old Civilization 2 under Windows 7 !!!! What the hell is wrong with you guys ? You think you can stop me from playing it by not supporting it under 7 ??? NOPE. I keep playing it in one way or the other ... YOU WILL SEE :-D

Haha ... just added Civilization 2 page to wikipedia in Persian :-D

Will sure post fixes for it here on my weblog later on ...

For those who do not know what is Civilization 2,

Sid Meier's Civilization II (Civ II or Civ 2) is a turn-based strategy computer game designed by Brian Reynolds, Douglas Caspian-Kaufman and Jeff Briggs. Although it is a sequel to Sid Meier's Civilization, neither Sid Meier nor Bruce Shelley was involved in its development. Civilization II was first released in 1996 for the PC and later ported to the Sony PlayStation.

In 2002 Atari re-released the game for newer operating systems, such as Windows Me and Windows XP.

The Multiplayer Gold Edition was included in the Civilization Chronicles box set released in 2006.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waiting for the news then, as I'm pissed-off too... :o( 've been playing CIV II for 13 years and now what...?

Shahab said...

yeah !!! Now what ? They're just gonna drop our favorite game ??? No way !!! They do have a XP modus but it is crappy to play civilization II on it ...

D_Elzinga said...

I'm going through the same problem... civ II, The more win 7 tries to civ II the more I want to play it! And the stronger grows my resolve to defeat the problems!

stprock311 said...

Now what? What about the future generations of gamer? Are they going to be left without one of the best games of all time? I don't want to live in a world where Civ2 is obsolete, but it looks like it has come to that. It is almost 2012 and there is no working 64-bit version of Civ2. Now what, you ask? Now you get to work and give us the game we love.