Thursday, October 8, 2009

Neda, angle of Iran :-(

Sometimes it is hard to talk as you are afraid of the consequences but sometimes it is too much that you want to explode and probably talking or writing is the only way to calm down ...

Last week one I saw one of the worst scenes in my life and at that scene an Iranian girl(which later I found out her name was Neda Agha Soltan) died in front of a camera with open eyes ... Right in front of my eyes and I was following her death(the demonstrations) on Facebook !!! The presidential election in Iran and announcing Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as the winner(who the day after it called demonstrators pieces of dusts), resulted in biggest oppositions demonstrations in Tehran after revolution in 1979. All these demonstrations were broadly reported by Iranian citizens on Facebook, Twitter and lots of other social networks all around Internet. Result of this was that I saw Neda's last moments with my eyes on Facebook with maybe 1 hour delay from her real last moments, and I couldn't stop crying and neither could my Chinese girl friend :-(

She died as a hero right in the streets of Tehran and became the symbol of Iranian's new green movement toward freedom.

Ya Hussein, Mir Hussein ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shahab, you are an angel too. When you cried loudly for Neda, my heart was broken together with you...