Saturday, November 15, 2008

welcome to Milano, your suitcase plz !!!

I am in Milano, Italy. This is my last night here and tomorrow I will fly back to Oslo. I came here on wednsday to sepnd some time with my parents on a trip around Europe. I love Italy, I love the atmosphere here, I love the culture, I love the people and I love the food :-) This is just my type of life ... I had been here before once to Pissa and it was a very nice experience.

I got here on wednsday afternoon, bought a two ways ticket from a buss company called RIO shuttle bus and came to Milan. But when we got off the bus, we found out there are just two suitcases left out of our three !!! Well damn yeah, some nice thieves helped us carrying our suitcase back to their own place ! The more surprising thing was the driver acting very normal and saying it is not his buisiness that our suitcase was stolen !!! He said he has no responsibility (!!!), and even more surprising was the company infromation saying they got no insurance or anything over our suitcases and it is not their buisiness and I should just go to police !!! I got mad man and I yelled at the girl, the suitcase is gone with my dad's heart medicine, I am on the way there to kick your company's a***. Well very very hardly(lack of same language communication with Italians) we found police finally where one out of four policemen could speak a little bit English and guided us upstairs in the train station where we filled the forms to report the thivery while we were told that there is not much hope that they can find our stolen suitcase. Then after walking awhile under the rain we took a taxi to the hotel whose driver was a left wing fan who hated illegal immigrants like right wings and thought that all jews should be killed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I replied "I do not thinks so" and then he came up with a lot of crazy reasons that he is right and then again I replied : "I really do not think so ..." and finally he gave up reasoning me into his idea and said : You think different, I think differnet, it is okay (Me, officially, in my mind : Thank god I shouldnt be killed right here at his car !!! ) ... I should mention that he kind of charged us 10 Euros extera, but we got to the hotel safely !!!

Well we got to the hotel finally at 23:00, where I found out the Wi-Fi at hotel doesnt work and I should come to the lobby and work with a very damn old PC and pay 1 Euro every half an hour (!!!), and the day after I found out I am not allowed to send my assignment from this computer to my teacher at Norway(No file copying is allowded!!!) !!! Then I started walking around to find a so called Internet Access Point(the term receptions used here) to send my assignment BUT there were some technical difficulties !!! The first place I found wanted a passport from me to let me use internet for 15 minutes(!!!) which I had mine at hotel ... The second one didnt talk to me at all and just showed me computer number 3 and when I took out my phone to copy the files from it to the PC, he acted the way I got that I am not allowed to do that and then he kindly kicked me out(Opened the door and guided me out of his shop without saying even one word) ... The third one told me in Italian I am not allowed to use my phone connected to their PC and finally one guy (Yes MAN, I love africans, they are all my friends from Obama to the guy who helped me down here) helped me out by letting me use his pc to do my stuffs ... He got a cute kid who tried to talk to me in Italain ;-)

That's it for now ... I'll add some stuffs later ... So tiered to keep writing ...

No comments: