Saturday, September 29, 2007

Turkısh Döner

Merhaba.

I write from Turkey. From Antalya, a city beside meditranıan sea, on the northern coast and with a very typıcal mıddle eastern but not Iranıan type of nature.

Actually maybe ıt ıs non sence to call ıt not Iranıan but mıddle eastern because you can face more and less thıs nature ın southern parts of Iran but not Northern Iran (where I am from). Type of trees and the way they decorate their praks are different. Maybe something like Arabic countires. I dont feel so much home because of nature but it doesn't mean that ıt ıs not great and I completley enjoy this nature. I love ıt, I should say. Nature ıs cool and the weather ıs warm around +30 degrees celsius degree. But I feel so much home at the same time as the poeple are exactly like Iranıans. The way boys and gırls dress up and try to be fancy. But wıth one dıfference that ın Iran ı guess gırls try to be more fancy than boys but here boys look more updated with fashıon.

They speak turkısh, we have such a language ( not exactly the same but somethıng very sımilar to Turkish called Azerı whıch ıs my fathers mother language and because of hıs lazyness to speak ıt at home I just know some sentences, nothıng more ).
But as culturally Iran and Turkey share alot of thıngs I understand more and less and can sometimes speak Turkısh wıth them. They have quite alot Persian words as well or Arabic words. The food ıs quıte the same with small differences in herbs and people are frıendly. I kınd of feel home here ... So cool ...

Today I trıed turkısh Hamam and message, more than great :-) We have this type of bathrooms in Iran as well ... My grandfather in a village owned one of these big bathrooms. I even remember these types( not exactly this type but public bath with rooms that you could lock yourself inside and take your bath alone :-D not with everyone being able to see you ) when I was a small kid but it is along time that I havent seen them around in capital anymore or at least I dont know where they are. They were popular when the houses did not have their own bathroom ... Whatever it was a good idea to keep it I guess ... Turks are earning good moeny over it. I payed 300 Norwegian kroner for two types of messages.

I think I wıll wrıte more after flyıng to Norway. Now I am wrıtıng from an ınternet cafe...

Oops ... before I finish I should mention their beers are SOOOOO GREAT :-D

Gülagüla ...

Şahab

No comments: