Tuesday, August 21, 2007

UiO, Linux and informatics !!! :-D

The school started today, as always at first it's a little bit hard but hopefully there would be no problem and I hope I get used to it soon.

Now I am happy with my language abilities as I was totally understanding what the teacher was talking about in informatics pre-courses that I went to for checking my language abilities and today I was at the first informatics class in university of Oslo. But still I was afraid to take a course called Philosophy in this semester as I thought Philosophy is hard enough to be read in your mother language, how can I make it to understand and explain it in my third language which I know I am not THAT good at it ... Okay some people might say ARE YOU KIDDING THAT YOU ARE NOT NATIVE HERE ??? but still It's a big trouble to read Philosophy in Norwegian ...

It was not that interesting as I knew all about these things but still was useful as here they work mostly with Linux but in Iran focus was mostly on Windows.

I have installed Fedora 7 on my laptop. Actually it is kind of hard to communicate with Linux and it took me more than one week to set up the internet network which I had in my student town in my Linux but luckily I had windows beside so there was not that much problem ;-)

Good luck to me :-D

Shahab

No comments: